Thursday, July 17, 2008

"I am, Mommy!"

A regular conversation in our house now goes a bit like this: "Seth, do you want to have breakfast?" "Um, I AM, Mommy!" "No, you aren't yet. What do you want to eat for breakfast?" "Um, I am!" "Seth, do you want yogurt?" "Um, I am, Mommy!" If you haven't figured it out, he is trying to say "I do!", he just doesn't! He also hasn't figured out how to use the word "me" yet. If the dog licks him it is "Lia lick you!" He cracks me up! Seth's vocabulary grows by leaps and bounds every day. I can always tell when he has been listening to us because he'll use words we don't typically use in a sentence to him. Some things he comes up with are so funny. One evening recently we were watching a TV show and there were babies on it. He saw a baby crying and looked at me and we had the following conversation: "Baby crying, Mommy." "Yes, the baby is crying, but he's ok." "Mommy get one." "Mommy get one what, Seth?" "Mommy get 'nother baby?!?" "You want Mommy to have another baby?" "Yeah, Mommy get 'nother baby!" "But, we already have baby Hannah." "Mommy get 'nother baby." "Ok, Seth! Whatever you say!" (with eye crossed and tongue sticking out as if choking!) Hannah is now our little mover! She is still not crawling on her hands and knees, but she is extremely quick on her belly still. She also is now pulling up on everything!!!! Seriously, if she can get a grip on it, she stands up using it for support. Not only is she standing, but she has begun taking a step or two to get where she wants to go. She loves all of Seth's toys and tries to get up on the ones you can ride on. I helped her sit on one yesterday and she stayed there for a while before falling over (I was right there)! Hannah still doesn't have any teeth and the drooling has subsided...thank goodness! She eats her weight in baby food everyday, and wants so badly to be a big girl that she now eats "puffs" and drinks, ok dribbles, out of a sippy cup. Otherwise, life is crazy as usual. I am in the process of tyring to go back to work. This has proven to be very difficult, as the job market in St. Augustine is very limited and with gas prices where they are, the drive to Jacksonville is out of the question, unless of course the salary is $100K! Henry is busy with work at the Sheriff's office and our HOA. Both jobs seem to keep him quite busy, but he does a great job at juggling both and still manages to spend time with us at the same time. Hopefully things will slow back down a bit after school begins in the fall. I'm still in the process of trying to go through all of the pictures I have taken in the last month and a half, so bear with me as I get the all uploaded!

No comments: